Thursday, February 3, 2011

Paper Airplanes


somewhere in my school career I missed the lesson on how to make a successful paper airplane. I have been reminded of this lack of skill recently as many many children come and ask me to make these beautiful flying pieces of paper.
As I sat one morning and watched a four year old skillfully fold an A4 piece of paper into a smooth gliding masterpiece I was humbled by this small persons skill, and I took the opportunity to learn from him as he began to fold another, I watched as his skillful little hands folded this way and that, he noticed me copying and said with a smile "I'm beating you"
If only he knew that not only was he beating me this time but he, at the age of four, had a skill that I still do not possess!

1 comment:

  1. Having three brothers meant I came to adulthood with the handy skill of making paper aeroplanes. It's a fool-proof jet design that is fast to do with a piece of A4 paper and always flies well. We've tested other designs which, while very interesting from an experimental point-of-view, just don't match the trusty paper jet. I'll show you next time we meet :)

    ReplyDelete