Sunday, May 8, 2011

Don't forget to remember me


I was driving along down the highway with Carrie Underwood pumping through the speakers, for reasons unknown I was overtaken by a sense of joy and calm.
I felt like everything was right with the world and I was exactly where I was supposed to be. The moment passed as I sank deeper into the lyrics of the songs, reliving tales of happiness and heartbreak.
The music took me to places long forgotten to thoughts and days gone by and made me feel, not happy or sad but a sense of calm reminiscence.
At that moment, had someone interrupted me or asked me what I was thinking, they may have thought me sad or lonely but I wasn't, I'm not.
We can't get back what we had in the past, we can't wish it back or try and make history repeat, but we can remember it, and sometimes it is nice to think that maybe there is someone else in the world who is enjoying this same calm reminiscence about me.

image via weheartit

1 comment:

  1. I always enjoy reading your posts, I wish there were more.

    ReplyDelete